Kids Activities Wexford
Forest School at Kilmokea
On selected dates throughout 2019
This child-led, positive outdoor experience is a growing phenomenon in Ireland, and Kilmokea offers the perfect surroundings of woods, space, water, and huge array of plants for a wonderful and memorable experience. This inspiring approach to outdoor fun stuff involves fun, discovery, team work, games, and learning new skills in the great outdoors. Build dens, learn how to light fires, try bush craft, and do arts and crafts using nature’s resources with Johanna Brown
Kilmokea Gardens Membership – 12-months of free access from date of purchase.
Enjoy a peaceful day out with a Kilmokea Gardens membership and explore Both adult and family membership is available.
With your membership, you can enjoy spending time in the Gardens, set around a Georgian Rectory on Great Island overlooking the River Barrow. Visit Walled Gardens, Fruit and Vegetable Potager, woodland gardens and our Aromatherapy Garden.
There is a depth of richness in the unspoilt nature of these gardens. The wall garden is a place of peace and reflection with rose gardens, pools and herbaceous planting. Love seats are placed around every corner waiting to provide comfort for moments of contemplation. The potager designed as a box maize grows fruit and vegetables for the Cafe where guests enjoy Organic pleasures.
Spring water cascades in series of waterfalls through the woodland garden flowing past The Viking Settlement, Norman Motte and Smaug the tree dragon before entering ‘The Myrtle wood’ story where woodland creatures live in lanterns in the trees waiting to meet garden visitors. The large five acre woodland garden is a delight in the spring with Camellias, Rhododendrons and Candelabra Primulas to name but a few of the rare plants you will find at Kilmokea.
- Unlimited entry to Kilmokea Gardens during normal opening hours, excluding events
- Enjoy seven acres of Gardens
- 10% discount for Kilmokea Coffee, Hot Chocolate and Tea.
- A 12-month pass is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase for the usual opening hours.
- An annual membership will help to keep the future of Kilmokea Gardens for generations to enjoy as all proceeds go towards the upkeep of these Private gardens.
- All family membership holders can enjoy complimentary access to the gardens for 2 adults and 2 children under 16 during normal opening hours, excluding events
- Toddlers age (0-3) enjoy free access to the gardens with a membership holder.
Membership rates 2020 /2021
Adult Membership Pass: 1 adult €70.00
Family Membership Pass: Family membership (2 adults and 2 children up to the age of 16) €100.00
Note: A 12-month pass is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase during the usual opening hours.
*Membership Non-transferable. See terms and conditions further below.
2020 Opening Hours
14th March to 31st May – Wednesday to Sunday & Bank Holidays from 10 am to 5.00 pm
June, July & August – 7 days per week 10 am to 5.00 pm
1st September to 4th November – Wednesday to Sunday & Bank Holidays from 10 am to 5.00 pm
Annual Membership Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions cover the sale of Annual Membership of Kilmokea Gardens. By purchasing your membership you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Annual membership is valid for 12 months from the date you purchase your membership for Kilmokea Gardens
- Please bring your Annual membership card with you visit each time there afterwards otherwise the full admission price will apply. Annual membership cards are not transferable.
- Family membership admits 2 adults and 2 children (and 2 children up to the age of 16) only – the full admission price will apply to guests
- Annual members are welcome in the Gardens during normal business hours. Please refer to our website for Opening Times: www.kilmokea.com
- Please note that sections of the gardens may be occasionally closed for maintenance and upkeep.
- Please observe notices within the gardens.
- Please be considerate of other visitors and their safety.
- A Dog on a lead is permitted and registered guide dogs. Guests are required to ‘poop scoop’ after their dogs.
- Kilmokea Gardens does not accept liability for any loss or injury whilst on the Estate.
- A passport-sized photo is required for your membership card
- During severe weather the gardens may be closed.
- Members may be requested for ID upon visiting
Kilmokea Gardens reserves the right to alter and change these terms and conditions without notice. General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Acts Mount Congreve respects your privacy and is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Acts of 1988 – 2018.
- a valid e-mail address is required for all memberships. This e-mail will be used by Kilmokea to communicate renewal options.
- changes to opening times and possible closures will be posted on https://www.facebook.com/kilmokeacountrymanor . Please check this up to date information.
- we will retain your personal information for no longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
Please email Emma on email@example.com if you have any membership questions.
Welcome to our unspoilt scenic & historic County Wexford . Rich in culture and tradition, Wexford is the ideal location
The 5 Best Tea Rooms in The World. Written by Gustavo Natotschiev Lopes
“Would you like a cup of tea?”
Imagine wandering through a glorious garden all on your own. Just you and the flowers and the trees and the birds guiding you from above. Is this heaven for fairies?
Join us on Facebook to keep upto date with Kilmokea Events & Special offers
Kilmokea Gardens provides fantastic opportunities for educational visits
Unique School Tours
Emma & Mark Hewlett of Kilmokea Gardens, Andrew Wayland & Stephen Clarke of 3D Archery Ireland & Dawn Morley of Craft Central have teamed up to offer something a bit different for School Tours & Group outings. They hosted a ‘Taster Day’ at Kilmokea Gardens on 3rd December for teachers to experience their unique product. Teachers expressed how ‘wonderfully surprised and enthused they were to experience such a creative offering for their pupils’.
This idea has stemmed out of an in depth study into what teachers and parents are really looking for when planning their tours from school for a day.
The results which came back to us showed that schools are looking for the perfect educational resource for many aspects included in the junior infants to 6th Class curriculum. They are looking for a day for their pupils to discover and create, to experience and have fun. We are delighted to cater to their schools specific needs and they can mix and match the activities to their special requirements.
Please find below information about our collaborative idea for School Tours 2017.
Kilmokea Gardens offering ‘Forest School’. This child-led, positive outdoor experience is a growing phenomenon in Ireland, and Kilmokea offers the perfect surroundings of woods, space, water, and huge array of plants for a wonderful and memorable experience. This inspiring approach to outdoor fun stuff involves fun, discovery, team work, games, and learning new skills in the great outdoors. Build dens, learn how to light fires, try bush craft, and do arts and crafts using nature’s resources.
Craft Central offering creative fun using specialist paint pens, children will leave with a fabulous piece of work they will treasure as a souvenir of their wonderful day out.
3D Archery Ireland offering outdoor archery fun in safe and enjoyable surroundings. Learn about local history, the origins of archery, and how bows and arrows work. Learn how to safely shoot traditional bows.
Thank you so much. Do call Emma on 051388109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.
The Garden Suite, converted from the original Granary offers guests an attractive first-floor apartment with views of the Italianette Garden through a large rose window.
Restored in 1999, the Coach House contains a mix of exciting and unusual features. It splits into two sections that can either accommodate 3-4 guests using just one bedroom or 7-8 guests…